Wednesday, March 11, 2009

day one and no saliva!

day one and no saliva!

...my first day of school was not entirely terrifying. I brought my lunchbox from home, stocked with one apple and a Marmite sandwich. In my bag was a partially refrigerated can of carbonated whatever-it-is-the-young-people-drink-these-days.
My brand new Biro hummed and buzzed in between my right thumb and index finger, itching to press up against the selected victim.

On rounding the final corner to what I thought should be my new classroom I realised something had probably come unstuck, but I held true.

Dawning realisation - An unfortunate sequence of intelligence and counter intelligence had lured me into turning up two and a half hours late to the course introduction. This meant that I missed out on my intended first impression of my new classmates and the moderately priced biscuits that I imagine they may have shared.

Scolding myself, I turned and took flight.

Not a terrifying first day. But uncomfortable...

2 Comments:

Blogger joshsumich said...

And o how it has all changed now from being uncomfortable...

June 10, 2009 at 3:47 PM  
Blogger joshsumich said...

O how it has now changed from being uncomfortable.

June 10, 2009 at 3:48 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home